1. PR Companies are good to have at Tech networking events. Otherwise there would be few females and all the conversations would go something like this " and then I ran a benchmark series using the sysbench fileio option to further benchmarkall three types of EC2 instances. it looks like / mounted filesystem (/dev/sda) has much better raw io performance than the larger /mnt (/dev/sdb) filesystem."
2. There is rumor of an upcoming falafel-off Tech Meetup to be held at MIT in the near future.
3. There needs to be a more macho name for a white wine spritzer.
4. There are a lot of interesting small web companies out there built and run by a single hacker/founder. www.jobvent.com is one example, along with a few stealth ones I look forward to profiling in the future.
5. Don't let your drunken engineers hang around until the end, as they are libel to spill the dirt on the inner-workings of your organization. (Don't worry, your secrets are safe with me).
6. Brian and Jay know how to put together a networking event.